- Our commitment to you:
Keegans Ltd understands that everyone’s privacy is important and we care about how personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone we interact with and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- ‘We’ ‘our’ or ‘us’
‘We’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ in the context of this statement is Keegans Ltd, a private limited company trading as Construction and Property consultants. Our Company Registered Number is 04547050 and our registered office is Studio 3, Blue Lion Place. 237 Long lane. London SE1 4PU. Keegans Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Registration Number: Z276852X.
- Aim of this notice
Your information is protected by law. Data Protection law allows us to collect and use your personal information if we have a lawful reason to do so. This privacy notice is to let you know how we handle your personal data under the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any acts or legislation that supersede them. This Privacy notice explains how we collect, hold securely and use any personal data gathered in the course of our business. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified and covers information such as your name and contact details.
5. What Are Your Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information, which we will always work to uphold.
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- the right to object to certain automated decision making processes using your personal information
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, and we do not resolve it to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why Do We Need It?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data which will vary according to your relationship with us:
- Address (Company or personal)
- Email address (Company or personal)
- Telephone number (Company or personal)
- Job title
- Payment information
- Specific personal information required for job applications
- Specific personal information required for fulfilment of a contract for our services
We need this information to fulfill our obligations under service contracts or because you have consented to providing this information or because we have assessed that we have a legitimate interest in holding this data for the purpose that we need to use it. Your personal data may have been provided to us as processors of information under GDPR in which case, we will act in accordance with GDPR regulations and by direction of the third party organisations instructing us.