Water & Hygiene
Keegans have significant experience of completing Risk Assessments of hot & cold water systems.
Water & Hygiene
Keegans have significant experience of completing Risk Assessments of hot & cold water systems to ensure compliance with the Approved Code of Practice, Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems (L8).
Keegans will complete an assessment of the water systems, creating a schematic layout drawing of the system and associated equipment, and inspect all elements of the system to conclude whether the system is likely to create a risk from exposure to legionella. This would include inspection of the following elements:
- Water Storage Tanks, distribution systems and outlets to assess for sources of nutrients such as rust, sludge, scale and organic matter.
- Water Temperature Monitoring - cold and hot water supply.
- Identification of dead legs and low turnover conditions which could encourage bacteria to multiply
- Outlets where water droplets are produced e.g. show
The Risk Assessment report will detail the following as identified within current HSE guidance:
- Management responsibilities, including the name of competent person and a description of your system.
- Potential sources of risk.
- Any controls in place to control risks.
- Monitoring, inspection and maintenance procedures.
- Records of the monitoring results, inspections and checks carried out.
- Arrangements to review the risk assessment regularly.
Working across a wide range of sectors
Keegans work extensively in the public and private sectors on a wide variety of residential, education and health, regeneration, commercial and industrial sector projects.
It’s good to talk...
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Monday - Friday)
+44 (0) 20 7199 0900
+44 (0) 141 204 7855