Castle Hill Primary School, Kingston
Client name:Royal Borough of Kingston
Keegans and our design team worked with Castle Hill Primary School and the Royal Borough of Kingston to deliver the expansion of the school to create a 2FE all-through primary school.
In September 2007, 2 schools amalgamated to become Castle Hill Primary School. The schools had previously been 3 forms of entry but were amalgamated to create a 2 form entry all through Primary School.
This was the first project in the Primary Capital programme for Kingston. The new extension is required at the northern end of the site to provide accommodation for Key Stage 2 pupils. Works included:
- 8 new classrooms to replace the temporary accommodation currently in use
- A new library and ICT suite,
- A SENCO office and space for a Speech and Language Specialist
- Improved staff and pupil toilets
- Roof replacement on existing building to match up with new build
- Window replacements on existing building to match up with new build
- Additional playground and community space
- Bulge classroom (a post contract variation)
- New kitchen and dining hall
- Deputy head’s office
- Family liaison room