CDM is changing. Are you ready?
The changes to the CDM Regulations come into force on 6th April 2015.
With 6 months transition period for active projects already notified there is still time to get up to speed and implement the changes with Keegans expert CDM and Health & Safety advice and guidance.
So, what are the key changes for you as the client?
- The new regulations strengthen the Client’s duties and you will be responsible for some of what the CDM Co-ordinator used to do.
- The introduction of a new Duty Holder, that of a ‘Principal Designer’ from the 6th of April 2015.
- From 6th April to 6th October there will be a transitional period for active projects already notified.
- If a CDM Coordinator has already been appointed, a Principal Designer must be appointed to replace the CDM Coordinator by 6th October (unless the project ends before then).
- Principal Contractor’s duties are extended to coordination of the construction phase in addition to the current duty to “plan, manage and monitor”.
- Domestic clients will now have duties, which are immediately passed automatically to the sole contractor or Principal Contractor, unless the client has actually appointed a principal designer to carry out the domestic client’s duties.
- You will be the ultimate Duty Holder and have the prime role of making suitable arrangements for managing a project so that health, safety and welfare are secured.
- Assemble the design team and most of the Duty Holders, including the Principal Designer and ensure that the roles, functions and responsibilities of the team are clear and carried out in accordance with their regulatory duties
- If you do not appoint a Principal Designer you will assume the role.
How can we help?
Keegans have a team of qualified CDM and Health & Safety specialists ready to assist and advice you on these changes.
We will continue to support our clients by ensuring you adhere to the enhanced duties and subsequent liability the new regulations have placed upon the client.
Our CDM and Health & Safety Advisors are also all qualified RICS professionals so we can provide all the necessary skills to help you through these new Regulations and post April, undertake the Principal Designer role in totality.
Want to find out more? We attach a briefing note which provides further information and as a key client, we would like to meet with you to advise on these changes in more detail.
If you would like to take us up on this offer or discuss these change further, please contact Cameron Miller or anyone else from our CDM and Health & Safety team on 0207 199 0900 or email email@example.com.
Listed in Building Magazine’s Top Employers Guide for 6 years.
Keegans strive to be a friendly, vibrant company to work for and are proud to have achieved Investors In People status.
It’s good to talk...
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM (Monday - Friday)
+44 (0) 20 7199 0900
+44 (0) 141 204 7855